A huge thank you to Shatter the Fourth Wall nominating me for the mystery blogger award!! Please do check out her blog. She has something against pineapple on pizza, but she is rather witty and her posts are as deep as they are a pleasure to read.
Okoto Enigma created this award. Check out her blog as well 🙂
So I’m supposed to tell three things about myself (chugs three Dr. Peppers and crushes the aluminum cans in my iron grip). HERE WE GO.
1. Hello. My name is Lilly. Two l’s in the middle. I am seventeen years old and very pale. I’m from Mississippi, USA, a state which continually makes the list for both the poorest and the fattest place in America. Go figure.
2. I own a 15-string Renaissance lute but no television. I can do overtones (sing more than one note at a time), but I can’t whistle. I recieved the class award for Latin I, Latin II, and Spanish I, and I studied French, Italian, Cherokee, and American Sign Language on my own for fun, but I still only know English. I have a sword and a dagger and have read the A-Z of Punishment and Torture (great read, btw) but am scared of needles. I want to study abroad and travel the world, but I have two types of anxiety that make me want to projectile vomit when someone asks if I want to hang out. I can hula-hoop, jump on a pogo stick, spin a basketball on my finger, and do some freakin’ insane tricks with a yo-yo, yet I still remain in the top five least athletic people in my class.
3. I can obsess/fangirl over anything. I also stalk fandoms. I have the rare ability to remain undetected within a fandom even if I’ve never read the book or watched the show.
So now for the questions!! Are you ready? Because I’m not. I’m never ready.
1. What made you start your first blog?
Well, I didn’t want to start a blog. I dislike talking and I obsess over everything I say. Unfortunately, a blog is something that a writer must have if he or she wishes to… idk. Platform stuff. Blog. Yay.
Not gonna lie, though… it’s actually been pretty fun. Y’all are terrific.
Y’all. Why does that word exist. Sounds like an obscure type of pasta.
2. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Ah… I would say thin air, but there isn’t much of that to go around in the Deep South. My novel idea came from a dream I had where there was lots of running and fires and dead people and I was like, dude. This is kinda cool. So I wrote 300 pages.
That’s thin air.
I also think it’s intriguing how much suffering a human being can take. Physical, mental, emotional, whatever, until they either break or heal. I like exploring that. Seeing how these characters I create react to it. How they lift each other up even when their own suffering is incredible.
The human experience is fantastic. Not saying that in a good or bad way. It’s just fantastic, and if I can’t experience everything myself, I’m going to write about it so I can experience it through someone else’s eyes.
3. Do you trust anyone with your life–who and why?
I guess my parents. I feel like this question could go deeper–who would I trust with my emotional life, etc.–but I’ll leave it at that 🙂 I’ve had too much Honors English this year.
4. What/who is something you deem underrated–this can be an object, artist, experiences, etc.
Unequivocally Maximilien Robespierre. He deserves a place with the greatest evil masterminds of history. Instead, he’s stuck sitting beside his heap of guillotined heads and de-Christianized calenders, gazing up at what could’ve been while high school students write papers about Hitler and John Wilkes Booth.
5. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
“You are so unashamedly you.”
It’s not even true most of the time. The truth is that I’m weird, and sometimes I let that slip XD But I’m glad I came across as genuine to somebody. Hit me right in the heart that I may or may not have.
And now… with great pleasure, I nominate the following for the mystery blogger award!
HERE ARE THE RULES FOR THIS AWARD:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions.
HERE ARE MY FIVE QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- What do you love more than anything else?
- Have you ever done something that you thought you would regret but didn’t/vice-versa?
- What is your opinion on ladybugs?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Is there something you wished you liked but don’t? E.g., you wish you enjoyed eating new foods, but you don’t.
Thanks again for the nomination! Also for the feedback I’ve been getting on my blog. It’s fun to sit behind a screen and pretend that I have something to say.
Until next time!