FIRST OFF: Thanks so much for 112 followers! I’ve had so much fun with this blog and hope to connect with more people in the future.
Thanks so much to Remants of Wit this award! Please check out her blog–it lives up to its name. I especially recommend her if you like reading/writing (which you probably do, if you’re a blogger!).
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs (with under 200 followers).
5. Notify these blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
WHOOP WHOOP, HUR WEH GERRRR
11 Random Facts About Me!!
1. I’m a dog person.
2. I had nightmares about dead pet fish for several years.
3. I wrote a newspaper about pretzels in elementary. I thought it was hilarious.
4. I used to like York peppermint patties, but ever since I heard someone comment that they taste like toothpaste, I can’t quite recover.
5. I eat way too much pasta.
6. Sometimes I point out where Genoa is on a map to my seven-year-old brother so I can feel smart.
7. I am recently obsessed with the musical Hamilton.
8. (Whispers) I’m aro-ace. Which makes it dang hard to enjoy a good romance novel.
9. Rapunzel is my favorite Disney princess.
10. My favorite color is turquoise.
11. My ultimate life goal is to become a meme.
11 Questions from Remnants of Wit!!
Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
1. I hate waterfowl. Loathe waterfowl. I’d take 100 duck-sized horses in a heartbeat.
What is the last book you read that made you cry?
2. Like, ugly-cry? The Book Thief. I’m still dying inside from that book.
What is an achievement you’re proud of?
3. Not giving up writing. I believe I have mentioned before that I am a smol, fragile little egg, and comments like “this manuscript isn’t worth my time” from a crappy critique partner stick with me. I’m so, so glad that I pushed through the bad years, and I allow myself to be at least a little proud that I made it.
Cake or pie?
4. Depends. Cakes can be dry, pies can be suspicious. If given the choice, I’d probably play it safe and choose cake.
What’s your favorite pizza topping?
5. Pepperoni, or barbeque chicken and (cue evil laughter) PINEAPPLE
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
6. One thing? XD I’d really like to drop the social anxiety. I feel like I missed out on sooooo many good friendships. Although… I’ve always wanted to be a ninja… or a pirate… I love pirates so much…
If you could ride any dinosaur (and it wouldn’t try to eat you), what dinosaur would you choose?
7. PTERODACTYL. Tbh, I’m still in the Magic Tree House fandom, and Jack and Annie got to ride a Pterodactyl… dude, I missed out on so many great childhood experiences.
Tell us about something you did that was really dumb.
8. (Delirious laughter) Okay. Okay. Um… So there was this time in fourth grade when I signed up to sing a solo for a class play. We practiced with the CD during all the rehearsals except for the last two, during which we used piano (at a different tempo), and—WHY, GOOD MORNING, SOCIAL ANXIETY—I kid you not. I sang well enough with the CD, but when we switched to piano, something in my brain just went NOPE, and after I sang the first word, I froze. And stared. And died. Prepubescent panic attack. I cried after every rehearsal. Why didn’t the teachers take me from the part? No frikkin’ idea, because the same thing happened at the play. In front of all the elementary plus some parents, which to a fourth-grader, was the entire world. Yay school.
Why did you start your blog?
9. Partially because I need one—ya know, emerging writing junk. Partially because I love talking to people online. I don’t get to talk to many people in real life.
Do you consider yourself to be organized?
10. Erm. Tough question. I want to be organized, but then anxiety is like, “Dude, you can’t handle that. If you get organized, you’ll realize how much you have to do, and then you’ll panic.” You can imagine how that works out.
Do you tend to overthink things?
11. Sometimes I do, and then sometimes I go SYSTEM ERROR. BRAIN OVERLOAD. SHUTTING DOWN IN 3…2…1… my, my, quite unfortunate that I missed the deadline for my term paper, isn’t it, old chap? Care for a spot of tea?
And my questions for you:
1. What’s an interesting place you’ve been?
2. Strange childhood obsession?
3. Favorite book genre?
4. If given the chance to be immortal, would you take it?
5. Can you whistle?
6. Was there ever a time you preferred the movie to the book?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. If you could have another ability, what would it be?
9. What place do you want to live the most (real or fictional)?
10. Favorite Disney movie?
11. What is the best thing ever, in your opinion?